History of Establishment
The Office of Corporate Affairs started as an administrative unit under the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research and Innovation). Following the restructuring of the Office of the Vice Chancellor in November 2008, the Office of Corporate Affairs was placed under the Office of the Chancellery and directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor. Originally, the office consisted of existing units of the Public Relations Division, the Legal Unit and Strategic Planning Unit. The Office of Corporate Affairs was further strengthened with the addition of several new units such as the University Social Responsibility Unit, Corporate Communication and Branding, and the Web Unit. In 2012, the Legal Unit of the Office of Corporate Affairs became an independent unit known as the Office of Legal Counsel. Following that, a re-branding of the Office of Corporate Affairs was made during the Strategic Planning Workshop on 28-29 February 2012. The Corporate Office is still directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor, managing the university’s image and reputation through strategic communication to support the achievement of UTM’s strategic goals towards becoming a premier university at the national and global levels.
To be an excellent centre for corporate affairs.
To promote and uphold UTM’s image and reputation through strategic communication.
The Office of Corporate Affairs is under the purview of the Chancellery Office with the following functions:
• Becoming a one-stop communication centre serving both internal and external communities
• Coordinating, managing and implementing the university’s Corporate Communications and Branding, Corporate Functions and Media Relations
• Coordinating communications with external parties such as the Ministry, the State, Palace and others
• Facilitating, Implementing and Monitoring the Strategic Plan of the University
• Producing corporate publications such as the university’s Annual Report, Skudai Post, Entrepreneurial Research University, UTM Facts, UTM Directory and so on
• Managing and coordinating the design of corporate publications
• Becoming an intermediary of community engagement or social outreach activities
• Supervising and monitoring the substance, depth and vibrance of the university’s information and image via the UTM web
Corporate Affairs Organisational Chart 2013
Download the .pdf format here
Our Client Charter
Managing and coordinating the university’s strategic communication, public relations and branding to uphold its good name and reputation in a strategic and effective way
Facilitating the implementation and monitoring of the university’s strategic planning towards appreciation and realization of the aspiration and excellent culture of the university
Overseeing, implementing and monitoring the university’s information management and image projection through visible and reputable web presence
Mediating and managing community engagement and social outreach activities in an effective way
Becoming a one-stop centre for university communication and dissemination of corporate and strategic information for internal and external community